IEMA – Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management
22-23-24-25-26 April 2024
40 hours + 1h exam
Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management
The course is addressed to Learners who are starting out in environmental management, and want a solid foundation of environment and sustainability knowledge to build on;
Those who would like to gain Associate membership of IEMA.
After attending the course, the learner will be able to:
- Outline sustainable business/governance principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services;
- Outline environmental principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services;
- Outline major policy and legislation and their implicationsn for organisations, products and services;
- Outline major tools, techniques, systems and practices used to improve sustainability performance;
- Outline the role of innovation and other leading practices in developing sustainable products and services and providing sustainable solutions;
- Collect data, perform analysis, and evaluate information;
- Research and plan to provide sustainable solutions;
- Deliver effective communication and capture feedback;
- Engage with stakeholders;
- Outline tools and techniques that identify opportunities and risks;
- Identify and propose ways to improve performance;
- Support change and transformation to improve sustainability.
Analisi fabbisogno formativo
Covering a wide range of environmental, sustainability and governance principles, this course will give learners an understanding of the breadth of the sustainability agenda, and the management tools and skills that they will need when working within this area.
Very good oral and written english (B2 level).
Contenuto del corso
1.1. Outlining the global mega-trends driving the need to transform the world to sustainability
1.2. Outlining the concept of sustainable development
1.3. Outlining the UN's Sustainable Development Goals
1.4. Describing the five sustainable capitals and the dependencies between them
1.5. Outlining the concept of environmental limits
1.6. Recognising that economic activity regularly creates unintended environmental and social consequences, locally and globally
1.7. Recognising that delivering sustainable outcomes involves applying sustainability skills to overcome internal and external challenges
2.1. Outlining the role of ethics in individual and organisational decision making
2.2. Outlining the importance of accountability, equalities (incl: gender equality), inclusivity, integrity, stewardship, transparency, cultural context and engagement
3.1. Outlining the importance of natural cycles, ecological systems, ecosystem services and environmental limits, and their impact on your organisation
3.2. Outlining the impact of human interventions on natural ecological systems, habitats, species and individuals
3.3. Describing pollution sources, pathways and receptors
4.1. Outlining how sustainability issues link to policy
4.2. Outlining the main types of law and the relationship between international, national and sub-national law
4.3. Identifying key policy instruments in place and how they are used to achieve sustainable change
4.4. Outlining key environmental principles that form the basis of policy
4.5. Outlining key environmental legislation
4.6. Outlining the role of environmental regulators and penalties for non-compliance
4.7. Identifying relevant stakeholders that influence environmental issues and policy development
4.8. Outlining the benefits and opportunities organisations can achieve in moving beyond compliance
5.1. Outlining major environmental management tools, techniques, systems and practices, their advantages and disadvantages
5.2. Outlining the concept of lifecycle thinking, its benefits and challenges
5.3. Identifying the different roles people play in delivering sustainable outcomes
5.4. Outlining the tools, techniques, systems and/or practices used by organisations to manage compliance and non-compliance
6.1. Identifying examples of innovation and other leading practices in developing sustainable products and services or providing sustainable solutions
7.1. Identifying relevant sources of data and describing techniques used to collect, process, and store accurate data
7.2. Explaining the importance of relevant and accurate data
7.3. Describing how to analyse and interpret data / information to draw appropriate conclusions and make practical recommendations that improve sustainability performance
7.4. Describing methods to monitor a programme to improve sustainability performance
8.1. Identifying the benefits of research, planning and keeping up-to-date with innovations providing sustainable solutions
9.1. Explaining the role effective communication plays in achieving sustainable outcomes
9.2. Identifying a range of internal and external stakeholders
9.3. Identifying different communication methods that provide information and capture feedback
10.1. Identifying the benefits of collaboration and cooperation in responding to sustainability challenges, particularly when facing similar issues
11.1. Outlining tools and techniques that can be used to identify risks and opportunities
Verifica finale dell'apprendimento
Assessment is via a 1 hour open-book online multiple-choice exam.
The course is assessed in English.
Candidates for whom English is a second language are advised that their reading and writing skills should be equivalent to at least Level 6 of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Test for Non-Native Speakers of English. Candidates may obtain information on this language testing service from the IELTS website (www.ielts.org).
Online in real time and classroom training
Docente del corso
Nelson Leite e Sà (NEBOSH Lead Tutor) GradIOSH
- BSc (Hons); MSc, PhD candidate GradIOSH; Senior HSE Specialist
- CEO & Founder iNLS Solutions, Lda (Since 2014)
- Assistant Professor for Bachelor and Master degrees at Coimbra Health School (2008-2014)
- Safety Engineer at Pilkington Glass, UK (2007)
- Responsible for the Civil Construction Department at MM Serviços – Leiria (2007-2008)
- HSE Adviser since 2005
- PhD candidate for Environmental and Occupational Health at Nova Public Health School – Nova University of Lisbon
- MSc in Sustainable Energy Systems by the University of Aveiro
- BSc (Hons) Environmental Health from Coimbra Health School.
- Invited Lecturer in dozens international and national conferences and author of scientific papers with peer review.
- Trained with BOSIET, HUET + MIST, VCA VOL and GWO
- Internal Auditor for ISO 45001:2018 by SGS Academy
- Author of the book “Fundamentos Gerais em SST Internacional”
- Principal author of the HSE Manual for Chemical Industry in Mexico through SGS Consulting
- Adviser and Trainer of HSE in Portugal, Spain, Italy, United Kingdom, Germany, Netherlands, Croatia, Albania, Angola, Mozambique, Brazil e México.
Sérgio Roldão Duarte - BSc (Hons); HSE Manager
- BSc (Hons) Environmental Health;
- Coimbra Health School
- University of Applied Health Sciences – Croatia;
- Telemark University College – Norway
- Health and Safety Senior Advisor;
- Responsible for Department of Structures for 10 years at aeronautical industry.
- Trainer and Advisor for Brazilian Institute of Oil&Gas, INA (MOL GROUP), Bureau Veritas AO and SGS Angola
- Professional experience in HSE in Portugal, Angola, Mozambique, Brazil, Italy, Netherlands, Norway and Croatia
- Certified Trainer of Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (IEMA);
- Certified Trainer of Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH);
- VCA Supervisor;
- Trainer and Examiner of NEBOSH HSWA, NEBOSH IGC, NEBOSH III;
- NEBOSH HSE Process Safety Manager
- Currently responsible for iNLS office at Balkans based in Zagreb – Croatia.
- Consutlant for HSE in VALE, CLN and CDN in Mozambique
Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management.
Slides, Student manual, exercises
Certificazione AIAS CertAIASCERT, Organismo di Certificazione Accreditato da ACCREDIA, certifica le competenze delle figure professionali secondo processi e schemi conformi alla norma UNI 17024. Il corso può essere valido per aggiornamento e o formazione specifica ai fini della certificazione secondo alcuni schemi. Clicca qui qui per visualizzare tutti gli schemi disponibili.
Per maggiori informazioni contatta la segreteria AIASCERT alla mail email@example.com